Terminology used in this policy
A Customer or Guest, is someone who makes a booking, stays or uses and of the services at the Roundthorn Country House
A ‘Contact’ is someone wo makes and enquiry, either in person, through our website, over the e mail, text, phone or social media.
‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to the Roundthorn Country House
‘You’ and ‘Your’ refer to customers and contacts.
The personal information we collect
The information we collect from customers and contacts, in person, through our website, over an e mail, text, or other form of communication is as follows:
- E mail
- Home address
- Business address
- Contact phone number(s)
- Payment details, ie account details or card details
- Booking history and information about when you may have used the Roundthorn Country House in the past. This may include detail such as room preferences, special requests and feedback.
- Marketing preferences.
Using the information
We will only use your information as the law permits, for the following purposes:
- To enable us to perform a contract
- Where it is necessary for the purpose of a legitimate interest of pursuing and developing our business, where such interest is not overridden by your rights or interests.
We may also process your information occasionally if you have given your consent, it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, or it is necessary to protect your vital interests.
If you would like to withdraw consent to process your information, you may do this by contacting us through our website or by e mail.
We will use customers personal information to:
- Fulfil bookings and provide services that you request from us
- To collect payment from you
- To make arrangements and confirm details of events and bookings with you
On some occasions, contact you with details of offers and information about services we provide, which we think may be of interest to you – unless you have contacted us to say that you would prefer not to receive these e mails or mailings. As above, consent for receiving such marketing and promotional material can be withdrawn at any time.
Data security and privacy
We will not share any personal information with third parties, except to:
- Those who provide services to us and act as data processors (these will be checked that they comply with the necessary regulations)
- Professional advisors if required
- HMRC as part of reporting procedures
Appropriate security measures have been put in place to ensure the safekeeping and confidentiality of your data at the Roundthorn Country House. We will keep data for as long as legitimately needed and have polices in place explaining how long specific data will be kept. If you would like to see a copy of any policy related to the use or storage of your personal information please contact us.
Roundthorn Country House 2018